- Demonstrate our commitment to brand new scripted content
- Bring a twist to archive content
- Attract iconic comedy talent to the channel
- New scripted comedy that tonally compliments existing scripted content, with strong characters and an interesting narrative hook, so that we are able to attract a cast we can shout about.
- Projects which reinvigorate the core "crown jewels" archive content of Gold in a creative way.
- Ways in which can use top talent to celebrate the best of British comedy, either through scripted comedy and sketch shows, or noisy modern entertainment formats with mainstream sensibilities.
- Subject areas/territories/treatments which can make Gold famous as an innovative creator of original comedy content or the home of the best of British comedy.
Previous hits: Monty Python Live, You, Me and Them, Bob Monkhouse: The Million Joke Man, The Comic Strip Presents... Red Top, Marley's Ghosts, The Rebel, Bull and The Interviews.
Target audience: Mainstream viewers, mixed gender, comedy lovers, lovers of iconic British comedy - our viewers tune in to feel good and have a guaranteed laugh.
Slots: Idea dependent
Duration: Format dependent
Proposals should be one to two pages in length. They should clearly state what the proposition is and how the format works in brief. To ensure your idea is logged and tracked, please submit the proposal to email@example.com. Please only send in a proposal if you are affiliated with or from an independent production company.